21 May, 2009

La Petit Zinc

I ate lunch yesterday, and the day before, at Le Petit Zinc in Corktown. If you haven't yet been (I hadn't), you've gotta go. Amazing coffee. For my first lunch I had ratatouille served on a fresh baguette, and yesterday I tried their house special, the crepe, mine with chocolate and banana. Here's the menu, and you can read the owner's interesting story here.

The place seems to be a really refreshing symbol for what Detroit is right now. It was teeming with hipsters, elders, professionals on their lunch break, and a Eastern European guy looking for the police department. There's a really charming outdoor eating area, and behind that are two raised soil beds, which I'm assuming (hoping?) will be used to grow fresh herbs for their menu.

More pictures and context here.

I find it really encouraging that in the last year or so, two CREPE restaurants have opened in the city!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely a "must go"!!!!!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home